LOCAL & SUSTAINABLE
Every shopping decision you make makes a difference to the planet.
That’s why everything you can buy from Made in Here is…
* Made in the UK by specialist artisans – nothing is mass produced or flown in
* Made using local ingredients, sourced as close to Southampton and the New Forest as possible
* Packaged and mailed using sustainable, recyclable and recycled materials
CONVERTED 1960s delivery vehicle
We’re so serious about the environment that we deliver our products in the ultimate zero-emissions electric vehicle: a 1960s milk float!
Ernie has a few 21st century additions, including USB ports and a recycled plastic awning. But this handsome 60-year-old is a fully restored original. We’ll be taking him out and about in Southampton’s parks this summer.
p.s. why ‘Ernie‘? If you’re young enough to remember the early 70s, feast your ears on this unlikely number 1 hit…
KODAK GREEN LEAF AWARD WINNER
supporting COCOA farming COMMUNITIES
Our local chocolatiers source raw chocolate through the Cocoa Horizons Foundation, part of the Fair Trade programme. This non-profit organisation helps farming communities become self-sustaining.
Try: Our Dark Mint Chocolate Magic Circles (£4.25), made by local chocolatiers using New Forest peppermint and sustainable chocolate.
Wrapper, stickers, bottles and more...
- No synthetic fragrances or flavour enhancers
- No parabens or GMO ingredients
- Nothing is tested on animals
- We use glass jars as much as possible, because it’s easy to recycle
- Our plastic bottles are PET plastic, which is the easiest and most energy efficient type of plastic to recycle
- Our stickers, tissue paper and wrappers are biodegradable
- We re-use cardboard boxes for outer packaging
Fancy a ride on Ernie the milk float?
Click the video to see him in action.