We Make Local Sustainable Products
Everyone can make a positive impact on the future of our planet. So we decided to make all our eco friendly, sustainable products locally. We use mainly local ingredients and our packaging’s good for the planet too.
CONVERTED 1960s delivery vehicle
Such fun on a sunny day! We drive a 1960s milk float to events and to deliver our sustainable products. It’s entirely battery-powered and charges overnight, ready for the next day.
Ernie has kept all his original features though we have added a USB port, foldable doors and an awning (made from recycled plastics of course!)
KODAK GREEN LEAF AWARD WINNER
Our favourite printer is local and won awards for being sustainable. We love them! They’re very close to Made in:Here HQ in Southampton. We love their solar-powered press, vegetable inks and FSC board. Plus they are the only UK printer to ever win the Kodak Sonora Green Leaf Award, which champions eco-friendly print companies.
Did You Know? We created Britain’s first local and sustainable playing cards. From start to finish, designed and printed here in Southampton.
supporting sustainable COCOA farming
We source our raw chocolate through the Cocoa Horizons Foundation, a non-profit organisation that helps farming communities. Cocoa Horizons supports communities with local and sustainable production. Part of the FairTrade programme, buyers work with producers to become more self-sustaining.
WRAPPERS STICKERS BOTTLES AND MORE...
We think twice about how we package our local and sustainable products. And we choose carefully what ingredients go inside.
- We don’t use synthetic fragrances (bodycare range) or flavour enhancers (food)
- There are no parabens or GMO ingredients and nothing is tested on animals
- Our bottles are recycled & recyclable and if they’re not glass, they’re made of PET plastic which is the easiest and most energy efficient to recycle
- Our stickers, tissue paper and wrappers (see-through bags for greeting cards, pewter gifts,etc) are biodegradable
- For outer packaging we tend to re-use cardboard boxes that we collect from local points. This is more energy-efficient than making recycled boxes
FANCY A RIDE ON ERNIE THE MILK FLOAT?
If you’re lucky enough to live in the Southampton area, you may have seen us already – driving 60-year old Ernie to events and around town.
Ernie is true to our eco-friendly committment… and we absolutely love going out and about with him!
Click on the video below to see him in action with Santa despite the lockdown in December 2020!
OUR MADE IN: HERE ELECTRIC MILK FLOAT
- Fully electric
- Zero emissions
- Upcycling is better than manufacturing a new electric vehicle