E-Bike Classic Tour of Southampton
£16.50 – £36.00
Experience the buzz of a cool E-bike on a guided Classic Tour of Southampton
- Spend £30.00 to get Free Shipping
Discover the historic city of Southampton from the comfort of an electric bike! Our E-Bike Classic Tour of Southampton is a fantastic 2-hour introduction to the city, with qualified bike tour guides who’ll share their extensive knowledge of Southampton and its history.
The tour takes a leisurely pace, and is suitable for experienced and inexperienced cyclists alike (age 16+). You’ll discover Southampton’s Medieval quarter, visit its docks, stand in the spot where the families of Titanic passengers waved off their loved ones, see names carved into the D-Day Wall – and much more.
Skip below for more info about the tour, or make a note of these quick details and get booking!
- When: 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month (or choose a Sunset Tour on Wednesdays)
- Starts at: 10am (meet by 9.45am)
- Finishes at: 12 noon (please allow an extra 10 minutes if you’re making other arrangements)
- Meeting point: The Mercure Dolphin Hotel on Southampton’s High Street, south of the Bargate. Meet us in the rear car park, where you can park for free.
- Price: Adults £18 | Age 16-17 £16.50 (accompanied by parent/guardian)
- What’s included: E-bike hire for duration of the tour, professional accredited tour guide and tour assistant. Plus: sanitised helmet, and printed guides you can keep
- In case of adverse weather we may cancel the tour & offer you a full refund / rebook
What else will you discover?
Our E-Bike Classic Tour of Southampton takes you from the site of Jane Austen’s 18th birthday gala (the Dolphin Hotel) to St Mary’s Stadium (home of The Saints, aka Southampton FC). After a safety briefing from your tour guides, you’ll be led down the city’s backstreets, parks and cycle paths at a gentle pace, with frequent stops to learn about Southampton’s surprising history.
As well as the dock the Titanic departed from and the heart-rending D-Day Wall, you’ll also see the spot where RJ Mitchell developed the iconic Spitfire fighter plane; discover what’s left of Southampton’s Saxon and Tudor heritage; and even see the home where Craig David grew up! It’s a fun and intriguing way to explore the city, whether you’re a passing visitor or you’ve lived here for years.
You’ll have plenty of time to ask questions of your specially-trained tour guide, who knows the city and its history inside out. Your guide will also give you insider tips for continuing your journey of discovery.
What about those e-bikes?
We’ve joined forces with popular Southampton bike shop The Hub Cycleworks, which runs its own e-bike hire programme. For your tour, you’ll be able to choose from a selection of the latest e-bikes, including the E-Pashley Pronto, hand-built in Britain and used by Royal Mail; the amazing Two-Seater Knaap Bike (not a tandem, but instead an e-bike with a pillion!); and the supremely comfortable Electra step-through EBike.
Want to hang onto your e-bike for a few extra hours?
For an extra £18 per person (special rate), you can keep your e-bike until 4pm. You could explore across the River Itchen, cycle through Southampton Common, or even head up to the Golf Course, where you can see the grave of Warrior the WWI War Horse (star of our pewter pencil topper!)
Would you rather stay for Afternoon Tea?
After your discovery tour, you can relax and enjoy a traditional afternoon tea at The Mercure Dolphin Hotel any time between 12-5pm. Here’s what’s included:
- Unlimited tea/coffee
- Selection of sandwiches & cakes baked in the Dolphin’s kitchen
- Freshly baked scones, clotted cream & premium jam
- Fancy a picnic? If you’d rather eat al fresco, the Dolphin Hotel’s kitchen will pack up your afternoon tea so you can enjoy it in one of Southampton’s many parks
- Classic Ebike Guided Tour
- Ebike Tour & Tea: special price £30pp (Afternoon Tea alone is normally £19.95pp)
- The Made in Here E-Bike Classic Tour of Southampton tour does not include entry to historic buildings or museums. However your E-Bike Tour Ticket offers you exclusive preferential rates at the city’s museums (details coming soon for Sea City/Tudor House/Solent Sky).
- The minimum age for the Classic Tour tours is 16. All 16-18 year olds must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- You will be led by fully qualified and accredited Tour Guides, supported by a Tour Assistant.
- We have developed these tours in partnership with The Best Bike Shop in Southampton. All e-bikes are maintained to the highest standard.
- Bikes and helmets are fully sanitised and left out of rotation for 24hrs, in compliance with the latest Covid guidelines.
- Health and safety is top priority. We want to ensure the safety of every participant, for the enjoyment of all. There will be a safety briefing at the start of the tour, and a few minutes to familiarise yourselves with riding an e-bike. You will be required to wear a helmet throughout the tour and to sign a Disclaimer Form. Your Guide/Tour Assistant will make sure you comply with instructions; failure to do so will result in you being excluded from the tour. In the unlikely event that this occurs, no refund or ticket in lieu will be offered. The organisers’ decision is final. We will be on hand throughout the tour to make sure you feel safe, comfortable and in control, and we carry an emergency first aid kit.
- Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of the tour’s start time of 10am. Regrettably, we are not able to wait for late arrivals and will begin the tour at the advertised time. No refund or part-refund can be offered for late arrivals or no-shows.
- ROAD SAFETY: When cycling in traffic, please remember:
- Cycle on the left. Especially important for our visitors from the Americas and continental Europe. Remember to give way to traffic coming from your right at roundabouts.
- Never undertake a heavy vehicle. Do not cycle to the left of a lorry. Stay behind it to avoid lorry drivers’ blind spots.
- Obey the highway code. As a cyclist you have as much right to be on the road as another vehicle, but you also have to obey the rules.
GENERAL INFO AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. No food or drinks are provided on our tours. We encourage you to bring your own water bottles, which you can drink from during our regular stops.
2. Bikes and helmets supplied by The Hub Cycleworks are included in the price of all tours. These are disinfected between tours and in addition to this, all helmets are left unused for 24 hrs after each tour therefore you can feel safe that full Covid precautions are in place.
3. You must book online in order to participate in the tour. If you have not booked, you will not be allowed on the tour. For last minute bookings, please text or call and we will do our best to accommodate you however this cannot be guaranteed. If you have not booked it is quite possible that the tour you are thinking of going on will be full.
4. Tickets can only be bought through Made in Here www.madeinhere.co.uk which is the organiser and promoter for Southampton E-Bike Tours. Your customer contract is therefore with Made in Here Ltd. ”Route Southampton” is a trading name and has its own facebook page. Our tour guides are independent, self-employed accredited guides. Made in Here Ltd and Route Southampton are not obliged to undertake any tour or activity and we reserve the right to cancel the tours at any time. Route Southampton and our professional, accredited Tour Guides have complete discretion over all aspects of the tour.
5. Each participant is responsible for their own safety and actions. Prior to the commencement of the tour you will be asked to sign a disclaimer. If you are unsure as to what one of these are please let us know and we will do our best to explain it to you. A disclaimer will be provided to all our customers right at the beginning of the tour and you will be given plenty of time to read through it and sign it before you are given a bike and start riding.
6. Cancellations: we require minimum numbers for a tour to take place. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone any tour for any reason at no notice upon the decision of the organisers and/or tour guides. In the event that we decide not to run the tour, you will be offered a full refund within 7 days.
If you, for whatever reason, decide not to take part in the tour that you have booked, we will offer refunds on the following sliding scale:
- cancellation received in writing (text/email) more than 4 days prior: 100% refund
- cancellation received in writing (text/email) 2 days (48 hrs) prior: 50% refund
- cancellation received in writing (text/email) less than 2 full days prior: sorry, no refund.
- no cancellation received / no-shows: sorry, no refund
By purchasing a Tour Ticket you agree to the Terms and Conditions above.
Your participation in our Guided E-Bike Tours is confirmed once the transaction is complete and payment has been received by us.
|Ticket Type Classic Tour|
Adult Ticket only, Adult Ticket + Afternoon Tea, Adult Ticket + E-Bike Hire to 4pm, Over 16s Ticket only, Over 16s Ticket + Afternoon Tea, Over 16s Ticket + E-Bike Hire to 4pm
Sunday 4 July 2021, Sunday 18 July 2021, Sunday 1 August 2021, Sunday 15 August 2021, Sunday 29 August 2021, Sunday 5 Sept 2021, Sunday 19 Sept 2021, Sunday 3 October 2021, Sunday 17 October 2021
E-Bike Classic Tour of Southampton
£16.50 – £36.00