The best of our Titanic and Spitfire themed gifts in one box!
This gift set includes collectable Titanic and Spitfire items, along with your choice of handmade Hampshire chocolate treats. A fantastic pressie for anyone interested in the Titanic or WWII, and a great souvenir of Southampton.
More than a century after sailing from Southampton Dock on 10 April 1912, the
Titanic still captures the imagination like no other ship. The Spitfire fighter jet, an icon of WWII, was built in Southampton. These local legends inspire the most popular of our high-quality hand-made gifts, all crafted in the UK using sustainable materials and methods.
What’s in the Gift Set?
- Spitfire Pewter Pencil Topper and Made in:Here pencil
- Titanic Anchor Pewter Pencil Topper and Made in:Here pencil
- Spitfire Key Ring made from solid pewter
- Dark Chocolate Magic Circles made in the New Forest with Hampshire mint
~OR~ milk choc Berry Crunch Magic Circles with New Forest raspberries
We’ll also include a whole collection of Trivia Tags, with historical snippets about the Spitfire and the Titanic. Here’s a sneak preview…
- What’s the Spitfire’s Southampton connection? Southampton is the birthplace of the Spitfire aircraft, designed by RJ Mitchell and first flown in 1936. Only 12 were ordered but more than 22,500 were built.
- How did the Spitfire get its name? RJ. Mitchell, designer of the famous Spitfire fighter aircraft, wanted to call it the Shrew or Scarab. Instead it was named after Mitchell’s boss’s daughter, whose fiery character earned her the nickname ‘Spitfire’.
- What did Henry V get up to in Southampton? The Grace Dieu, Henry V’s flagship, was built using New Forest timber at a specially-erected dock near Town Quay. Launched in 1418 to fight the Genoese and French, she only sailed once, thanks to a crew mutiny. In fact, she only made it to the Isle of Wight!
Browse our full range of Spitfire WWII gifts
Check out our Spitfire Paperweight, Battle of Britain Art Print and Schneider Box, which includes handmade gourmet food gifts as well as Spitfire items. We’ll personalise your labels and customise your gift boxes if you’d like us to!
You can find our full range at Southampton’s Sea City Museum gift shop, as well as Tudor House and selected hotels across the city including Highfield House Hotel and The Mercure Dolphin Hotel. For more Southampton pressies and pin badges, check out our Mayflower gifts and maritime heritage gifts.
Everything we sell is handmade by artisans in the UK, using only sustainable materials and environmentally friendly methods. Our chocolates are handmade here too. We source our raw chocolate from sustainable farming communities and our proud to support the Cocoa Horizons Programme. Each piece has a low carbon footprint, in line with our ethos (we seriously dislike carbon miles!)
Looking for Corporate and Special Occasion gifts? Drop us an email