Spitfire Wall Art Print
Stunning rendition of the Spitfire & Hurricane during the Battle of Britain. Signed Limited Edition Print by Southampton artist Steve Roberts
- Spend £40.00 to get Free Shipping
The Spitfire Wall Art Print is a limited-edition, museum-quality A4 print, signed by the artist
Southampton artist Steve Roberts created this pencil drawing, showing the iconic Spitfire and Hurricane fighter planes during WWII’s Battle of Britain. He has signed every one of these limited edition prints, which feature Steve’s original pencil drawings inspired by old photographs.
Our Spitfire Wall Art Prints are created locally in Hampshire on 300gsm, 100% pure cotton rag paper, size A4 (21 x 29.7 cm). This is a museum-quality print with a natural white finish, and will last for generations. Our printing process uses UV encapsulated pigment inks, and each print is UV sealed to provide a fully archival, long lasting, vibrant image that’ll look incredible on your wall.
Packaged with great care for shipping. Icons of the Skies information included as a separate card on the reverse.
Did You Know?
- The Spitfire was designed by Southampton engineer RJ Mitchell and built in Southampton during WWII. Nineteen Spitfire squadrons and 32 Hurricane squadrons took part in the Battle of Britain.
- Children’s author Roald Dahl flew Hurricanes during the war
- Spitfire designer RJ Mitchell wanted to call the plane the Shrew or the Scarab. Instead it was named after the daughter of Mitchell’s boss, whose fiery character had earned her the nickname ‘Spitfire’.
- In 2020, the British government awarded funds to build a Spitfire memorial in Southampton. Read more
Ever heard a Spitfire in flight? This Silver Spitfire round-the-world flight will leave you wanting more!
See the Schneider Trophy and a Spitfire at Southampton’s Solent Sky Museum
Browse our full range of Spitfire WWII gifts
Check out our Spitfire Paperweight, Battle of Britain Art Print and Schneider Box, which includes handmade gourmet food gifts as well as Spitfire items. We’ll personalise your labels and customise your gift boxes if you’d like us to!
You can find our full range at Southampton’s Sea City Museum gift shop, as well as Tudor House and selected hotels across the city including Highfield House Hotel and The Mercure Dolphin Hotel. For more Southampton pressies and pin badges, check out our Mayflower gifts and maritime heritage gifts.
Our artisans make all our lead-free pewter gifts by hand, here in the UK, using only sustainable materials and environmentally friendly methods. Each piece has a low carbon footprint, in line with our ethos (we seriously dislike carbon miles!)
Looking for Corporate and Special Occasion gifts? Drop us an email
Spitfire Wall Art Print